Belize Electricity Limited (BEL) advises that it is working to restore power to the following areas that were affected by Hurricane Richard.
· Lords Bank Village
· Old Northern Highway from the Mile 19 junction on the Northern Highway to Maskall
· Westlake, Western Pines and Sunset Park communities
· On the Western Highway from Bainsville to Mile 25 and Franks Eddy to La Democracia
· All of Freetown Sibun
· Belize River Valley from Scotland Halfmoon to Rancho Dolores and Lemonal
· Along the Hummingbird Highway from Alta Vista to St. Margaret Villages
· Mullins River
The Company expects to have power restored to these areas by later tonight.
Customers outside of the above mentioned areas are asked to call BEL to make a report, if they remain without power.
In Belize City, a number of transformers, service poles and service connections were damaged and as a result, pockets of customers may still be without power. The Company will continue to carry out these necessary repairs and restore power as soon as possible.
BEL also reminds the public to stay away from fallen, broken or low hanging electric lines or poles.
BEL thanks customers for their patience, during these power restoration works.