Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Freak accident leaves one injured

Residents of the Boca del Rio area flocked to the streets a little before 7:00pm tonight as a loud sound penetrated the airwaves. A white taxi van had crashed into a lamp post a half block south of La Popular Bakery. In no time, the scene was covered with residents.
The San Pedro Sun was on the scene. It appeared that the only person in the white taxi van was the Driver; known to many as "Tico". According the onlookers, it took much effort by about five men to extract him from the taxi, He was later taken for medical attention. He appeared to be in good health. However, the exact state he is in is unknown.


Resident of the area, Sandra, informed The Sun, "I was there taking care of my kids, and all of a sudden I saw this man coming fast. And when I went to look, he crashed into the post. When he crashed into the post, the car just went that way. Like there, where it is right now. I was scared. My kids are always playing out there in the yard. If that post wasn't there, I don't know what woulda me happen."

The front end of the vehicle sustained much damage. The San Pedro Sun will continue to follow this story and update you as more information becomes available.

No comments: